返回列表 回复 发帖

(3dsmax)'Creating low-poly foliage'--制作低多边形的叶子

'Creating low-poly foliage'--制作低多边形的叶子
'Creating low-poly foliage'
by Osman Tsjardiwal
原文链接:
http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials_3/Creating_low_poly_foliage/low_poly_foliage_01.asp

1:We are going to create this orchid thingy. So take a good look at it, because we need to store its form and colors into our brain.  
(我们将要制作这株兰科植物。所以请仔细观察,我们需要将它的形态和颜色记在我们的脑子里。)

Now start a new photoshop image and add a green background. You should always choose the dominant colour as your background colour. In this case the leaves will be green, so choose green as background. I heard this was so that mip-mapping wouldn't destroy the look of the model.
(现在打开一个一个新的PS图像,添加绿色为背景色。通常你都需要选择一种主色调作为背景色。在这个案例中,因为叶子是绿色的,所以选择绿色作为背景色。我强调这一点是希望贴图之后不至于破坏模型的视觉感官。)

Now you should and paint the leaf shape, I've just selected a square to demonstrate how I paint a leaf texture (this is only my second time, so if you know of a better way, please email me, I always like to learn new stuff). Now paint some dark spots and light spots to make it a bit interesting.You can use the dodge&burn tool for that.

(现在你需要绘制叶子的形态了。这里我仅仅选择了一个小方块来示范我是如何绘制一片叶子的纹理的(这仅仅是我第二次做,所以如果你有更好的方法,请email我,我总是很愿意学习新的东西)。现在绘制一些暗部区域和亮部区域来让它有点变化。你可以使用变浅和加深工具来做这件事。)

2: Now, I noticed that those leaves had very bright edges, so I tried to paint something like that.
(现在我注意到那些叶子有非常亮的边缘,我试着照它进行绘制。)

3: Now create a new layer and choose black as your color. Paint some detail on your texture, and change the brush size now and then to make different elements. Duplicate your layer and hit CTRL-i to make it negative so that the black becomes white. Now move this white layer beneath your black one and move it 1 pixel to the right and 1 pixel to the bottom. Join these 2 layers together and then set the blend mode to overlay and play with the opacity until you get something that looks reasonable.

(现在创建一个新的层,选择黑色作为当前的颜色。在你的纹理上绘制一些细节,然后改变笔刷的大小并制作一些不一致的元素。复制这一层,按CTRL+I 使图层反相,黑色将变成白色。移动白色的这层到黑色层的下面,并向右,向下各移动一个像素。合并这两层,然后设置混合模式为叠加,调整层的不透明度直到你得到一个不错的结果。)

4: Now, go to something like mayang.com and get some grunge textures. Add this as an overlay and again, play with the settings so that it doesn't look like crap. Here's what I got so far (the left side kinda messed up, don't ask me why ).
(现在你可以访问诸如mayang.com 之类的网站来获取一些叶子的纹理。将获取的纹理再次叠加上去,调整设置这样它看起来不至于如此失真。这就是我至今所做的。)

5: After playing around, I ended up with this, I don't think it looks to bad but it will do for this tutorial . Again, if you have any tutorials about this kind of stuff, please send it to me, I'd really like to learn new ways of doing things.

(在调整了一阵之后,我结束了这一段的工作,虽然我认为他看上去不算太坏但是作为教程还是逊了点。再次声明,如果你有任何关于这方面内容的教程,请发给我,我真的很想学点新的制作方法。)

6: And here's how my texture looks after some time:

(花费一点时间之后,我的纹理看起来像下面那样了:)

I worked on layers so that I could always select the shape of my leave, and by doing that, I created the alpha. Just select the shape of it and color it all white.Now select inverse and color that totally black. That is your alpha map .

(我在叶子的那层工作,这样我可以一直选择叶子的形态,并且可以很方便的得到alpha通道。只需要选择叶子的形态(按住ctrl选择叶子的图层)然后填充白色,然后反选填充黑色。这就是你要的alpha贴图。)

3DS MAX part:

(3dsmax部分)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:Create a plane and give it 1 length segments and 1 width segments. Hit "m", this will open up the material editor. Click on the first ball and scroll down to maps. Click on the NONE button for the diffuse map and select bitmap.Now navigate to your texture file and select it. Do the same for the opacity map and select your alpha map now. \sk,3b-&'  
(创建一个平面,长宽方向的分段数均为1。按下“M”,调出材质编辑器。点击第一个球形样本槽,展开贴图通道。单击漫射通道的NONE按钮,并在弹出的浏览贴图列表中选择位图。现在定位到你的贴图文件并选择它。同样的处理不透明贴图通道,并选择你的alpha贴图。)
Also right click on your model and select properties.In there click on the backface cull box.

(右击模型选择属性,在属性框中打开背面显示。)

2:Go to Modifiers-->Uv Coordinates-->Unwrap UVW.Now make your plane cover your texture correctly. Make sure there is no stretching. Also scale the model, if you cant fix the stretching in the uv map.
(在修改器面板,给平面添加Unwrap UVW修改器。现在要使平面跟贴图正确的匹配,是之没有拉伸。当然也可以缩放模型,如果你能匹配UV贴图的拉伸的话。)

3:Right click on your model and select Convert To:->Editable Poly. Now go to edge mode and select the 2 tallest edges and hit the small box next to connect. In the dialog that comes up set it to 4 segments and press OK.
(右击模型,选择转换成可编辑多边形。进入边线层级,选择两个较长的边,点击connect按钮旁的小方块。在对话框中设置连接段数为4,然后点击OK。)

4:Now go to vertex mode and move the vertices around until you get the desired shape. If it doesn't work out, just look at my model. After that go to the Hierarchy tab(on your right, the button with 4 boxes on it).Once there, select "Affect Pivot Only" and then move the pivot around the bottom of your leave like I did:
(进入点层级,移动顶点位置,直到你得到一个较好的形态。如果它不是很理想的话,可以参考我的模型。然后进入层次面板(在右侧的命令面板上,有4个小方块的图标)进入之后,选择 "Affect Pivot Only" (仅影响轴心点),然后移动轴心点到叶子的底部,如图)
This is so that rotating goes easier.
(这将使接下来的旋转变的很容易。)

5:Now hold SHIFT and rotate it couple of times so that you get something like this:
(按住shift键,旋转两次,你将得到另外几片叶子,如下图)

6:Now select one the leaves and make it hang a little more, then rotate it 45 degrees.Hold shift again and rotate it like you did with the first one.
(现在选择一片叶子,让它伸展的更低一点,向下旋转45度。再次按住shift旋转复制,就像你第一次做的那样。)

7: Keep repeating step 5 and 6 until you get it look like your reference. Here is my result:
(重复第5步和第6步几次,直到你得到的形态跟你参考的东西接近。以下是我的结果。)
This was my second foliage model so if you send me hate mail, please be nice in it.
(这是我的第二个植物模型。)

Please send me an email at
onepunchmachine@gmail.com ?
(请发邮件到
onepunchmachine@gmail.com
来源:译文3D网

[ 本帖最后由 火柴盒 于 2008-4-21 15:59 编辑 ]

大家有什么看法

请问大家有什么看法?我绝对喜欢这个帖子

-------------------------
The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can’t have them.
失去某人,最糟糕的莫过于,他近在身旁,却犹如远在天边。
Lineage2 powerleveling webpage:1.archlord gold,2.lineage2 adena,3.lotro powerleveling,4.Lineage2 powerleveling,5.age of conan gold,
爱相随
返回列表