返回列表 回复 发帖

CGTalk 2D星级作品整理(2007年)

作品时间:12-29-2007, 05:54 PM                                                  
作品名称:Blowout at Exit 16A
作者: Till Nowak
使用软件:3ds max, Photoshop
作品简介:This image was created for the CARNIVORA art show and book by Les Barany. It's based on a 3D rendering of a future city, but I spent two weeks in Photoshop to replace almost every pixel of the 3D rendering with 2D elements taken from photos, so I decided to put it in the 2D section. Here you can download a making-of-PDF:
http://www.framebox.de/creations/3d/blowout/index.htm. The art show will premiere in Detroits cPop-Gallery on January 12. The book will be released in spring 2008.

附件: 您所在的用户组无法下载或查看附件
作品时间:12-29-2007, 03:48 PM                                                   
作品名称:Liberty Prison Comic Poster
作者: Kinsun Loh
使用软件:Painter
作品简介:Hi everyone,

This is a poster art for my personal comic project " Liberty Prison ". I used Painter.
The main character-Gilga is about to fight with the Giant Beastmen. My concept is a pause action image that showing Gilga is just pull out his sword and trying to swing to his opponent. But look like he just slash down from the top as what we can see now. I have tried to change his right palm with the sword facing up but the art doesnt look good. i finally stick back to what i am showing here. I hope all your comments and critiques can help me to find out where is my blind spot.

Thanks,
Kinsun
作品时间:12-18-2007, 06:23 AM                                                   
作品名称:Carrot Run
作者: Bobby Chiu
使用软件:Photoshop
作品简介:"Every year, a young member of the Fuz'hy Lindt Tribe who has come of age must prove his worth by donning the blessed regalia of the sacred carrot and leading the Tribe on the Great Hunt. Only the fastest and bravest of warriors will ensure a successful Carrot Run, providing food for the Tribe through the winter."

This is a piece I did for the "Strange Behavior" challenge. It was hard to find the time between work but I had a wonderful experience.
Reminded me of the good ol' college days, waking up early and staying up late to finish our projects.
It has been a pleasure contributing art along side my friends and so many other talented artists.

Great topic as well! Thx CgSociety!
I'm also planning on submitting this to Expose 6!
Here's a fun animated gif I put together to show a bit of work in progress.
作品时间:12-16-2007, 11:29 PM                                                     
作品名称:Winter blockade
作者: Tomasz Jedruszek
作品简介:HMS Indefatigable firgate on her mission blockadeing the ports of west coast of France in 1803. Engaged in combat with 32-gun french frigate gives some chances to second french 22-gun corvette for escape to open sea...
Scene based on C.S. Forester's novels and my private passion to Age of Sail . Strange , along all these years as freelance artist I had never a chance to paint glorious battle ships as a freelance job ..
作品时间:12-14-2007, 12:49 AM                                                      
作品名称:The Greenwood Deep
作者: Phil McDarby
作品简介:Hey everyone,
This is a kind of follow-up to an image I did called 'Magic'.
This kid has wandered even deeper into the forest, and chanced upon The Greenwood Deep, the heart of the wood. I wanted to create a river of power, the forest's golden blood, surrounded by faery dwellings, all in the shadow of the ancient tree.
I took a long time on this one, three weeks at least - again a combination of many many hours of painting and photo texturing/manipulation. Any photos I used in the process are all mine, bar the little girl, who originated here -
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_42/11407341516Om50Z.jpg
You can view my original plate here -
http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenwoodplatecl6.jpg
- a photo I took in a wood called Ravensdale. I just loved the atmosphere and colour.
Anyway, hope everyone's well, thanks for looking and take care.
Phil
作品时间:12-11-2007, 05:11 PM                                                      
作品名称:The Treehouse
作者: JIm Maxwell  
作品简介:This is a memory from my childhood of an actual massive treehouse that still partially exists today
Mainly painted in photoshop with geometry and some perspective worked out in Maya, the wagon and tree both had some geometry produced in 3d, and then I painted over them with details
作品时间:12-11-2007, 07:07 AM                                                        
作品名称:Palace Entrance
作者: James Paick
作品简介:Another piece to go into my development of personal projects. This is a visual development piece to establish a couple key elements in the story. Done completely in photoshop. The painting depicts the entrance way to palaces in the mountains. Religious monks protect the passage way to the entrance.
作品时间:12-04-2007, 02:28 AM                                                         
作品名称:Smooth!
作者: Gabriel Vera
使用软件:Painter, Photoshop
作品简介:This was my 'STRANGE BEHAVIOR' Pic, It was some sort of All-fun thing to me. I tried to add all the things I like to draw the most: Cute girls, funny animals, stepped on gum, many different textures and a hidden ghost face. (Damn, I didn't think of it until now, That would have been so cool!)
The fur texture was done using a scattered brush for the random look and then painting over it to add volume and color, Rita's jacket and skirt have a texture sample overlay at some 30% opacity, the rest of the characters is just Painter's least fancy brush I could find and some minor smudge.
Anyway, My goal was to make the bison look really big and heavy, and portrait the action as clear as possible, I also wanted to show a 'V' shaped composition following the lines of the crushed bench, Please let me know if it works for you.

Thank you!
作品时间:12-03-2007, 03:56 AM                                                         
作品名称:Infinite OZ - opening scene
作者: Philip Straub
使用软件:Painter, Photoshop
作品简介:Since the Sci-Fi miniseries, "The Infinite OZ" begins tonight, I thought it might be timely for me to post this scene. This is the opening sequence for the Infinite OZ "zoomable experience" promo piece coordinated by B-reel. It included something like 12 superb artists from all over the world.
It was uniquely challenging since each painting had to zoom in and out of the next and the focal point had to be dead center on the canvas. Anyone thats read my tutorials on composition knows- this is a big NO NO. Still, solving this visual problem was challenging and fun. The other big issue to overcome, as with any matte, is the resolution- this one was over 10,000 pixels on it largest side.
Anyway- I hope you enjoy

Phil
作品时间:11-28-2007, 08:38 PM                                                           
作品名称: Fallen Beauty
作者: David Edwards
作品简介:Back in May a few fellow painters took part in a small contest, I been the only one who couldn't enter decided to have a go all the same. I worked on it for a week or so then lost the original file, restarted and picked it up again over the weekend. To be honest losing the original file was a blessing in disguise, redoing the whole thing probably resulted in a more pleasing result. Always see the good in bad i guess
返回列表